Franklin has had the fortunate experience of visiting day care centers, elementary schools, junior high schools and high schools for Meet the Author Day, Career Day, Empowerment Talks, No Bullying Zone Declaration Events and more!
To schedule a visit from Franklin and Billy the No Bullying Bear, click the Schedule A Visit button below then click the Calendly link.
- No Bullying Zone Declaration Events - The hour long No Bullying Zone Declaration Event is a fun and informative event for students, facilitated by Franklin. Franklin will read his book, Bullies Made David Cry. The event focuses on explaining bullying and reinforcing students’ understanding of bullying. Students will promise to be an upstander, discuss reporting bullying to an adult and how to handle bullying. At the conclusion of the event, Franklin will present the school's principal with a signed copy of his book, Bullies Made David Cry, a No Bullying Zone Declaration certificate and a No Bullying Zone banner that students can sign and display in the school. This event is an excellent opportunity to keep anti-bullying on the minds of students throughout the school year. Additionally, the signed banner displayed within the school is a visual notice to parents, PTA members and the community that the school is continuing to take action against bullying.
- Career Day - As a young adult that founded Franklin the Helper Children's Books, LLC at the age of 21, Franklin is a huge proponent of talking to students about being an entrepreneur and author.
- Day care center visits – The young children thoroughly enjoy listening to Franklin read his books, and they ask many questions about the characters in the books. The most popular question is, "Why is Franklin the Helper bald?" The children are also intrigued by Billy The No Bullying Bear, the Franklin the Helper life-sized cut-out and are quick to line up to take pictures with Franklin, the life-sized cut-out and Billy!
- Elementary school visits – The students are always excited to have Franklin engage with them through an author visit at their school! They find it cool that an author is visitng and reading his books. Franklin spends time talking to the students about bullying and often gives goodie bags and special prizes to the students.
- High school visits – When Franklin does author visits at high schools as a guest speaker, his intention is to motivate the students. He speaks to the students about bullying, charting their path after graduation, attending college and being a young entrepreneur. High school students are attentive when Franklin is speaking. Many students have commented that he is relatable because he is close to their age and understands the younger generation. This makes him the perfect guest speaker.
- Junior high school visits – Franklin has author visit days scheduled through mid 2023 at junior high schools. These engagements will focus mainly on speaking to the students about the topics of bullying, empathy and social awareness.